Article 1 (Personal information)
"Personal information" means "personal information" as defined in the Personal Information Protection Law, and includes information about living individuals which can identify the specific individual by name, date of birth, address, telephone number, contact information, or other description contained in such information. Further, it refers to information (personal identification information) that can identify the specific individual from the relevant information alone, such as appearance, fingerprints, data related to voice prints, and the health insurance card number.
Article 2 (Safety management of personal information)
Our company will take appropriate organizational, physical, personnel and technological measures regarding the protection of personal information and we shall take necessary and appropriate measures to prevent the leakage, loss or damage of the personal information we handle and to manage safely other personal information.
Article 3 (Collection of personal information)
When you sign up for this service, we may ask you for personal information such as your name, date of birth, address, phone number, and email address.
Article 4 (Purpose of collecting and usage personal information)
The purposes for which our company collects and uses personal information are as follows.
- To provide and operate our services
- To answer inquiries (including identity verification)
- To send information about the services under contract
- For maintenance, important notices, etc. to contact you as needed
- Purposes incidental to the items above
Article 5 (Changes to purpose of use)
Our company shall change the purpose of use of personal information only when it is reasonably recognized that the purpose of use is related to that before the change.
If the purpose of use is changed, the changes will be notified to the contractor or announced on this website by the method prescribed by our company.
Article 6 (Provision of personal information to a third party)
- Our company will not provide personal information to a third party without the prior consent of the individual, except in the following cases. However, this does not apply when permitted by the Personal Information Protection Law and other laws and regulations.
- When it is necessary to protect the life, body or property of a person and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual
- When it is particularly necessary to improve public health or promote the sound development of children, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual
- When it is necessary for us to cooperate with a national institution or a local public body or a person entrusted to carry out the affairs stipulated by law and when there is a risk of hindering the performance of the relevant affairs by obtaining the consent of the individual
- When the following matters have been noticed or announced in advance, and our company has notified the Personal Information Protection Commission
- The purpose of use includes provision to a third party
- Items of data provided to a third party
- Means or method of provision to a third party
- Stop providing personal information to a third party at the request of the individual
- How to accept requests from the individual
- Notwithstanding the stipulations of the preceding paragraph, in the following cases, the recipient of the information shall not be a third party.
- When our company outsources all or part of the handling of personal information to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use
- When personal information is provided with the succession of business due to merger or other reasons
- When personal information is shared with a specific person, if you notify the individual in advance and put it in a state that the individual can easily know about that effect, the items of personal information used jointly, the range of people who use it jointly, the purpose of use of the user and the name or name of the person responsible for the management of the personal information
Article 7 (Disclosure of personal information)
- When an individual requests the disclosure of personal information, our company will disclose it to the individual without delay. However, if the disclosure falls under any of the following, we may not disclose all or part of it, and if we decide not to disclose it, we will notify you to that effect without delay. Further, a fee of 1,000 yen will be charged for each disclosure of personal information.
- When there is a risk of harming the life, body, property or other rights and interests of the individual or a third party
- When there is a risk of significant hindrance to the proper implementation of our business
- When it violates other laws and regulations
- Notwithstanding the stipulations of the preceding paragraph, in principle, we will not disclose information other than personal information such as historical and characteristic information.
Article 8 (Correction and deletion of personal information)
- If our company receives a request from the individual for correction, addition or deletion (hereinafter referred to as "correction, etc.") of personal information to us by following the procedures specified by our company, assuming that the personal information held by our company is incorrect and we determine that it is necessary to respond to the request, we will complete a correction, etc. of the personal information without delay.
- If our company completes a correction, etc., based on the stipulations of the preceding paragraph, or if we decide not to complete a correction, etc., we will notify this to the individual without delay.
Article 9 (Suspension of use of personal information, etc.)
- When the individual requests suspension of the use of personal information or its deletion (hereinafter referred to as "suspension of use, etc.") for the reason that personal information is handled beyond the scope of the purpose of use, or it was obtained by fraudulent means, our company will carry out the necessary investigation without delay.
- If our company determines that it is necessary to respond to the request based on the investigation results in the preceding paragraph, we will complete a suspension of use, etc. of the personal information without delay.
- If our company completes a suspension of use, etc. based on the stipulations of the preceding paragraph, or if we decide not to complete a suspension of use, etc., we will notify this to the individual without delay.
- Notwithstanding the preceding two paragraphs, if there is a large cost for a suspension of use, etc., or in the case that it is difficult to complete a suspension of use, etc., if alternative measures necessary to protect the rights and interests of the individual can be taken, this alternative shall be taken.
- The contents of this policy may be changed without notifying the individual, except for the matters specified otherwise in laws and regulations and in this policy.
Article 11 (About SSL (Secure Socket Layer))
Our website supports "SSL" to protect customer's personal information.
SSL, an abbreviation of "Secure Socket Layer", is a communication method that uses encryption to send and receive data between a web server and a web browser.
By using a browser that supports security functions, personal information such as the name, address, or phone number entered by the customer is automatically encrypted and sent and received, so if by any chance the sent and received data is intercepted by a third party, there is no worry that the contents will be stolen.
Article 12 (About Cookies)
Our website has pages that use a technology called "cookies".
Cookies are small pieces of data sent from the web server to your web browser, some of which are stored as files on your computer's hard disk.
The web server can identify your computer by referring to this cookie. This allows customers to use our website efficiently. The files this website sends as cookies do not contain any personally identifiable information.
Note that you can disable the cookie function by setting your web browser, but in that case, some services on the website may not be used smoothly.
Article 13 (Inquiries)
For inquiries regarding this policy, please contact from the following.
Address: 1145-10 Gusukubebora, Miyakojima City, Okinawa Prefecture, Japan
Company name: Miki Resort Co., Ltd.
Department in charge: Miyakojima Hotel Division
Email address: email@example.com